SUMMER INSTITUTES 2013:
This summer, invest 5 days to deepen and broaden your understanding of pedagogy and your repertoire of practices to work with English Language Learners (ELLs). QTEL professional development invites participants to experience and reflect on powerful models of instruction that scaffold ELLsí ability to participate in rigorous academic interactions guided by new standards.
Quality Teaching for English Learners in the Era of New Standards
San Francisco, July 15 - July 19th
2013 Course Offerings
- Building the Base, English Language Arts:Principles, Practices and Protocols in an Era of Common Core Standards
- Building the Base, Mathematics:Principles, Practices and Protocols in an Era of Common Core Standards
- Building the Base, Next Generation Science:Principles, Practices and Protocols in an Era of New Standards
- English Language Development at the Beginning Level:Principles, Practices and Protocols in an Era of New English Development Proficiency Standards
For Instructional Leaders and Coaches
- Leadership in ELL Education in an Era of New Standards
- QTEL Coaching in an Era of New Standards (pre-requisite: participants must have completed a QTEL Building the Base institute)
- A five-day institute costs $1700. Register before April 15, 2013 to receive the early registration rate of $1500!
- Teams of 5 or more are $1500 per person.
For logistics, click here.