Quality Teaching for English Learners Summer Institutes
Every summer, QTEL invites educators to participate in professional development focused on the development of teacher expertise to engage English Language Learners (ELLs) and all other students in deep, transferable learning.
In our summer institutes, participants experience and understand powerful models of learning which they are able to turn into practices that scaffold the advancement of 21st century skills and academic development for students.
2017 QTEL Summer Institutes:
Developing Teacher Expertise to Challenge and Support English Learners through a Pedagogy of Promise
Each of the five institutes below is offered for five days. Institutes begin at approximately 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:00 p.m. except for Friday which will end at 2:30pm.
July 10-14, 2017
- Building the Base, Elementary Literacy
- Building the Base, Secondary Literacy
- Beginning ESL, Secondary (Registration is closed)
- QTEL Coaching
- Site and District Leadership in the Education of English Learners (Registration is closed)
- A five day institute costs $1800, which includes breakfast and lunch.
- Register before April 15, 2017 to receive the early registration rate of $1600!
- Teams of 5 or more are $1600 per person.
Presidio Golden Gate Club
135 Fisher Loop
San Francisco, CA 94129
Parking information: Daily parking at Golden Gate Presidio club will cost $7 – $8.50 per day
Fairmont San Francisco
Cancellation received on or before:
May 19, 2017: 100% of tuition refunded
June 2, 2017: 75% of tuition refunded
June 30, 2017: 50% of tuition refunded
After June 30, 2017, we will not be able to refund tuition